THE SCIENCE OF GOOD HEALTH
Fortifying your diet with a host of vitamins and mineral supplements has become de rigeur in today’s health conscious world.
It can sometimes be difficult to know which supplements are absolutely essential. If you were to choose only one natural health aid, Omega3 is it. These naturally derived fatty acids, of which the best quality sources are from wild water fish, have been linked to a multitude of health benefits. From improving bodily functions and enhancing the quality of one’s skin, to preventing heart disease and alleviating mood swings and fatigue, Omega3 is one truly multifunctional elixir.
Omega3 of Norway’s marine oil is the purest and richest currently available. Thanks to our unique and exacting methods, we have harnessed a powerful form of Omega3 that optimises its inherent invigorating and reviving properties to a new level.
SKIN & BEAUTY
Beneath the Surface
Beauty may not be skin deep, but having smooth, supple skin definitely adds to one’s advantage. Omega3s reputation as a natural beauty aid is probably the most well known of its benefits. Apart from boosting the hydration of hair, skin and nails, its anti-inflammatory nature can help keep a host of skin conditions under control.
Why is Omega3 So Effective?
Omega3 fatty acids are crucial components in cell membranes. A healthy cell membrane not only protects cells from harmful substances,but also allows nutrients and waste to easily move in and out. A strong membrane also enables cells to retain water better, which results in softer, plump skin.
OMEGA3 ALSO HELPS OUR SKIN BY
- Regulating oil production to prevent it from drying or flaking
- Protecting it from free radicals and UV rays with its antioxidant properties
- Repairing the effects of sun damage to help skin retain its elasticity and smooth texture
- Relieving conditions like eczema, rosacea, acne and psoriasis, with its anti-inflammatory character
The Beat of the Drum
As the engines powering our cardiovascular system, our hearts are the life-giving source that drives our bodily functions. For years, the American Health Association has recommended the consumption of oily fish, such as salmon, tuna, herring, lake trout and sardines, to combat the risk of heart disease. Omega3s help to lower blood pressure and triglyceride levels in the bloodstream. Triglycerides are types of fats that store unused calories in the body. Because they can’t dissolve in the blood, high triglyceride levels can result in the hardening of arterial walls, which increases the risks of strokes and heart attacks.
EPA and DHA are unsaturated fatty acids, and veritable miracle workers for the body. DHA has been proven to lower triglyceride levels, which makes Omega3 of Norway’s formidable formula a supreme tool in combating heart disease.
In comparison to many of our competitors, our premium quality fish oil comes in its most natural form, making it safe, stable and easy to absorb by the body.
SOME OF THE EPA AND DHA BENEFITS
- Reducing inflammation, which prevents damage to blood vessels that often leads to heart disease
- Lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol which decreases the risk of strokes and blood clots in the arteries
- Helping to regulate the heartbeat with its natural anti-arrhythmic properties
Like many other state-of-the-art mission control centers, the brain is the direct source of our being and powers every facet of our body’s capabilities. With 60% of our brains consisting of fat and polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly DHA, consuming Omega3 oil has a clear and positive effect on our cognitive abilities.
How Does This Work?
The impact of Omega3 on the brain is backed up by studies showing that it can slow the mental decline that typically comes with old age. Comparative research also proves that aging subjects who consumed more Omega3 had a higher gray brain matter volume, with much of the new tissue developing in the part associated with happiness. Omega3 of Norway’s concentrated level of EPA and DHA – 65% in every 100mg – makes it a powerful preventative aid for everyone at every age.
SOME WAYS OMEGA3 CAN IMPACT THE BRAIN
- Improving brain performance and communication between cells, which heightens learning ability and strengthens focus
- Regulating mood and maintaining emotional balance
- Preventing memory loss and the development of mental diseases, like dementia and Alzheimer’s, which are related to low concentrations of DHA in the brain
The Power to Heal
Although being active in sports is usually perceived as being good for you, the physiological processes that physical exertion sets off in the body are all about returning it to a state of balance. Exercise actually causes us to be in a state of inflammation, which the body strives to correct while burning calories at the same time. Omega3 supplements enable athletes and sportspeople to cope with inflammation better, thanks to its powerful natural healing properties. The better and faster an athlete recovers, the more endurance and power he/she has to keep on going. One such person who has experienced the wondrous benefits of Omega3 and endorses its influence as a sports aid is the Norwegian biathlete and Winter Olympic champion, Tarjei Bø.
Recommended dosage: fitness enthusiasts should take at least 500mg of EPA/DHA a day. For professional athletes 1000-2000mg per day would be the optimum.
OMEGA3 CAN HELP BOTH PROFESSIONAL AND ASPIRING ATHLETES TO
- Recover faster. EPA and DHA help to regulate blood flow to the muscles, which helps to reduce swelling and soreness
- Burn fat better, if taken before and after exercise. High Omega3 levels increases insulin sensitivity, which triggers the muscles to burn more fat
- Prevent muscle loss. Studies have shown that a consistent intake of Omega3 prevents athletes from losing muscle mass during extended breaks or periods of recovery
Not just a Simple Swell
Inflammation is normally a short-term response that our body uses to protect itself from injury. When consistent stress is put on the body, this results in chronic, low-grade inflammation that can be detrimental to our health, especially if sustained. Research has proven that persistent inflammation is not only responsible for many age-related illness, but can go undetected for years.
Understanding the Benefits
Today’s modern diet, rich in red meat and saturated Omega6 fatty acids, can cause hormonal imbalances that result in ongoing inflammation. Marine-based Omega3s, particularly EPA, have been proven to possess strong anti-inflammatory characteristics. Omega3 of Norway’s composition of EPA and DHA is in a 2:1 ratio for good reason.
We have specially designed the formula to help restore the body’s natural balance of Omega3 and Omega6 to support healthy inflammation responses.
A REGULAR INTAKE OF OMEGA3 CAN HELP WITH
- Combating inflammatory conditions, like coronary heart disease
- Keeping Omega6 levels in balance, which helps to inhibit the development of migraines, arthritis, Crohn’s disease and skin conditions, like psoriasis
MOTHER & CHILD
The Power to Heal
Expecting mothers will know that taking the right supplements during pregnancy will help give their unborn children the best step forward even before they enter the world. Omega3s are highly influential during the developmental phases of pregnancy. In the last trimester, the infant’s brain receives a continuous flow of polyunsaturated fatty acids, specifically DHA. This supply continues while the child is breastfed by the mother. Doctors now generally recommend providing DHA supplements to infants during their first two years of life.
Why Are Omega3s So Important?
Children receiving healthy doses of Omega3 demonstrate more advanced physical and psychological capabilities. Omega3 cannot be produced by the body, which means that a healthy diet and using premium nutritional supplements are the only ways for us to benefit from its effects.
At Omega3of Norway, we focus on harnessing the power of sustainably sourced deep-sea fish to produce the best nutritional aid for both mother and child.
ADVANCED PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL CAPABILITIES INCLUDE
- Demonstrating stronger intellectual, motor and visual abilities
- Possessing better memory and attention span
- Preventing behavioral tendencies, like ADHD, temper tantrums and sleep disturbances
- Stimulating the infant’s immune system to produce antibodies that can prevent food allergies