In this article we will talk about traceability, sustainability and the measures we are taking here at Omega 3 of Norway to guarantee the highest possible quality in all our products.
Let’s dive in!
1. A NORWEGIAN TRADITION
Growing up with Omega-3 in Norway, is intrinsic with family life here for almost 200 years, the exceptional health attributes have been recognized for generations. It is a continuing part of a family daily morning routine throughout Norway. The Norwegian Diet is also known for focusing on fresh and whole foods, lots of seafood and other locally sourced foods.
Today tradition and expertise enable Omega3 of Norway to be the unrivalled authority when it comes to refining Omega-3 with a very special process that we will explain further below.
2. THE KING OF SUPPLEMENTS
Sustainability and honoring the oceans is Omega 3 of Norway’s priority –
our Omega-3 was the first to be recognized by the sustainable seafood association, Friend of the Sea, and exceeds beyond all EU and international standards.
Sourcing only wild water fish from the cleanest oceans, we process these fine materials at the state-of-the-art production facility in Ålesund on the West Coast of Norway.
3. 12x STAGES OF DISTILLING & REFINEMENT
Omega 3 of Norway uses a unique and patented dual molecular distillation method to achieve the purest and richest Omega-3 marine oil in its natural (TGN Omega-3) triglyceride form, while being almost tasteless and odourless as well.
4. THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF ALL OMEGA-3 FISH OILS
Matching the ultimate quality in an Omega-3 wild water fish oil, we have naturally chosen Swiss Caps, who maintain the highest standards in the industry, equipped with the latest production technology and ensuring only the highest quality and efficiency throughout all stages of production.
- Quality assurance, striving to surpass all industry criteria to the highest possible standards
- Supreme over it’s competitors, Swiss Caps bovine and fish gelatin capsules are most resilient and neutral in taste
- Offering our customers both Fish Gelatine in smaller and more comfortable compact 500mg capsule
5. THE FINEST MULTI-PURPOSE OMEGA-3 SUPPLEMENT – PURE UNBLENDED WILD WATER MARINE OIL
- ECO Friendly re-useable Original Omega3 of Norway™ container (made in Norway)
- Minimum 90% natural Tryglicerides (without Ethyl-Esters)
- 65% Omega fatty acids EPA / DHA average
- Sustainably caught wild water fish
- Swiss Caps / 500mg softgel smaller & more comfortable to swallow all ages
- Unique batch No. so your product can be sourced to date and time of catch
- 2x molecularly distilled (patented formulae) maximum purity & Omega-3 Richness
6. PURITY & QUALITY
Our commitment to purity, quality and innovation ensures our products meet the highest industry standards for safety, traceability and sustainability. With the lowest Omega-3 fish oil product specification limits for environmental pollutants in the industry, products exceed all known global purity standards. We unconditionally guarantee the consistency, safety and purity of every Omega-3 product that we deliver.
7. QUALITY ASSURANCE
Here are some of the steps we take to ensure, that our products are of the highest possible quality.
- Conduct internal quality audits to ensure compliance with cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) for API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) and the authorities’ regulations for the production of marine-based Omega-3
- Manufacture our Omega-3 fish oil ingredients in regulatory compliance with Norwegian and European food safety requirements
- Handle and process products under a competent HACCP system in accordance with the US FDA’s seafood HACCP regulation 21 CFR 123 and Norwegian and European authorities. This includes full quality control and assurance
- Maintain written product specifications, material safety data sheets (MSDS) and production records
- Maintain standard operating procedures.
- Implement detailed customer feedback, non-conformity, change control and Continuous Control schemes with Corrective Action Programmes.
- Ensure that batch records are reviewed by authorized personnel prior to release.
8. QUALITY CONTROL
In addition to quality assurance processes, we
- Maintain compliance with industry standards established under the Omega-3 monographs in the EU Pharmacopoeia and GOED Omega-3 Voluntary Monograph.
- Impose strict limits for our operations; our goal is to stay ahead of regulatory developments, continually setting new standards in the industry.
- Perform multilevel testing; all products are subject to stringent internal specification testing, from the applied raw material to our finished products.
- Perform on-going stability studies to determine the shelf life of every product.
- Issue Certificates of Analysis, based on confirmation of quality and compliance, for each batch.
- Undertake validation of analytical methods.
- Employ 3rd party testing, including an analysis of all 209 PCB congeners, which will be included in the following year’s product specifications.
9. UNWAVERING COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
We believe in responsible management of marine resources and oceans that are kept clean and free of waste.
EcoVision: our environmental stewardship policy.
It sets out our long-term commitment to responsible and sustainable operating practices, such as only sourcing fish from sustainable sources, following the FAO Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries.
We are also trying to reduce our carbon footprint by switching to renewable energy wherever we can.
We hold a MarinTrust certificate, a 3rd party verification of responsible business conduct by MarinTrust Ltd. Our environmental management system is certified ISO 14001 by Bureau Veritas.
The traceability of marine ingredients is crucial. It is a prerequisite for sustainability and for quality at every stage of the supply chain.
However, it requires extensive tracking and global monitoring of the fishing, transportation and manufacturing processes.
Norway Omega are part of a vertically integrated supply and manufacturing chain. This means we can guarantee quality control and track our ingredients all the way from the ocean to the finished product.
Do you have any questions for us about our sustainability or production efforts and processes? Let us know in the comments!